Rivermead Cottages Terms & Conditions
When you make a booking, these terms and conditions form the contractual relationship between you and Rivermead Cottages (Rivermead Farm LLP) and so if there’s anything you’re unsure about, please contact us straight away so we can clarify for you.
- A contract between you and the owners of Rivermead (Rivermead Farm LLP – we or us) will come into existence only when a booking confirmation is issued to you showing the confirmed holiday dates and your deposit payment has been received (the Contract). The Contract is for the provision of short-term holiday rental accommodation (the Property) for the dates of your booking (the Stay).
- These Terms & Conditions (the Terms) shall apply to and form part of the Contract. The Contract binds you and all the members of your party, however, the parties to the Contract are you (the person making the booking) and us. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the Terms of the Contract set out in these Terms and Conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these Terms may lead to termination of the Contract and loss of the booking. You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of making the booking. The Contract shall be governed by English law. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- The Property may not be re-rented or sublet. It is for your holiday use only and must not be used for any other purpose. Your Stay does not give rise to any tenancy or a landlord-tenant relationship between the parties.
- When you book, please let us know the names of everyone in your party. You’re entitled to change the members of your party (but please let us know at least 7 days before you arrive). The maximum number of guests staying at the Property must not exceed the number on the booking form and the Property and our facilities may only be used by residents of the Property. Babies and young children are included in the occupancy total.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason or to refuse to hand over the Property (or to allow continued occupation of it), without refund, to any guest who, in our reasonable opinion, is not in a suitable state to occupy it.
- A deposit of 25% of the cost of the Stay is payable at the time of booking (the Deposit). The Deposit will only be refundable in the circumstances set out in these Terms. Bookings made less than 60 days before your arrival date must be paid in full, plus the refundable Good Housekeeping deposit (the GHD).
- The Balance of the payment for your Stay must be paid no later than 60 days before the start of your Stay. We may cancel a Stay when the Balance is not paid by the due date. We will remind you and try to contact you by email and phone before such cancellation. If we cancel the Stay in these circumstances, we will try to re-let the Property and, if we are able to do so, you may be entitled to a refund or your liability to us may be reduced as set out in these terms, however, you remain liable to pay the Balance of the payment.
- The GHD must be paid at the same time as the remaining 75% deposit 60 days in advance of your stay. Our Good Housekeeping Deposit rates are as following: £150 per stay for Oaktree and Kingfisher, £200 per stay for Bluebell and Squirrel and £250 for Owl, Otter or The Old Farmhouse or some other sum as agreed in advance. The GHD will be returned within 10 working days after the end of your stay providing there’s no deduction to be made, as per these terms.
- Once you have a confirmed booking, your ability to cancel and receive a return of any monies paid or due is set out in these Terms. Any cancellation must be made in writing.
- Your inability to travel (or the inability of any, some or all of your party) and to stay at the Property for any reason remains your risk and does not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund of any monies paid. We recommend that you take out comprehensive UK travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation. In the event of Government-imposed travel restrictions, any money you have paid may be used against a booking on a future date to be agreed between us.
- Cancellation by you – If you choose to cancel your Stay for whatever reason, you remain liable for the full cost of the Stay. If we are able to secure a replacement booking to cover your Stay, you may be entitled to the return of all or part of the cost of your Stay less, in all cases, an administration fee of £150 and the difference in price between the cost of your Stay and the replacement booking. The amount we refund will depend upon the final letting price we are able to achieve for any new booking (which may be less than you agreed to pay or have paid). If we are unable to re-let the Property, you will not be entitled to the return of any amount.
- Your Stay will not be cancelled by us except where you fail to make payment of the Balance after reminders or in exceptional Force Majeure circumstances which may hinder or prevent us from providing the Property for the dates of your Stay, such as (but not limited to) flood, collapse of buildings, serious illness or action by government or local authority. In this case, we may, at our sole discretion, offer you an alternative Property, a full or partial refund, or alternative dates or another such remedy as we reasonably consider appropriate. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- Unless arranged with us beforehand, your Property will be available to you from 4pm on the day of arrival until 9.30am on the day of departure.
- There is ample free parking for all guests near their Properties; just be careful not to block access for others.
- We do not allow pets in any of our Properties.
- The price of your Stay includes electricity, gas (in the lodges) and water but electricity for charging an electric vehicle or appliances other than a personal electronic device isn’t included and is not permitted. We do not currently have an EV charging point on site, and cannot offer on site charging, as our domestic supply does not have the capacity or setup to support EV charging. Under the fire regulations for EV charging, this would have to be a dedicated circuit, not part of a ring main, and only used for this purpose. For this reason, we would ask you to NOT charge your EV from our properties, please. Our Welcome Folder provides you with information about nearby EV charging points.
- Shower room towels are included but you will need to bring your own beach towels. A full inventory is included in the Welcome Folder and we ask that items remain in the Properties and not be moved to other Properties during your Stay.
- We live on site so you don’t have to close the windows when you are out and, in fact, our old stone cottages love some ventilation when the weather is dry! All we ask is that you don’t have windows open when the heating is on and that lights and heating are turned off when you don’t need them or when you go out.
- Smoking or vaping is not allowed inside the Property or in any other buildings on the site. Vaping or smoking anywhere inside our buildings, or in open doorways leading to Properties, will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. Any damage or extra cleaning caused by vaping or smoking will be at your expense. For fire safety purposes, candles are not permitted in the Properties either.
- Please respect your neighbouring guests and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 8pm and 8am. We reserve the right to require any guest or party to leave the Property and our site immediately, without notice and without refund where, in our reasonable opinion, the guest or party fails to observe these Terms or otherwise poses a threat to the safety or enjoyment of other guests or causes damage to property.
- Sometimes we or our representatives may need access to the Property to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes and you agree to allow us to exercise our right to enter the Property. We will notify you beforehand and no tradespeople will enter a Property unattended.
- We shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or hot tub. No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service. Free WiFi is provided but we cannot guarantee the speed of the internet or be held responsible for any issues with the service.
- Rivermead has a large lake and the River Fowey flowing through its grounds. The riverbank is very steep in places and the ground can be slippery and uneven. There is strictly no swimming. Guests are responsible for the safety and security of themselves and their children at all times. Please take care near the water and never leave children without adult supervision.
- The River Fowey is great for fishing and along our stretch of water, on our bank, this is only available to guests staying with us. You will need to obtain your own EA rod licence, which you can do online through the Environment Agency’s website, and adhere to the fishing rules which are set out in our Welcome Folder. The fishing season is from 1st April to 30th September for trout and until 15th December for salmon. All coarse fish (perch, roach, chubb, pike, eels) must be safely returned to the river. Please refer to the full rules for full details.
- Please be packed and ready to vacate the Property no later than 9.30am on the day of departure. Details of Departure Day can be found in the Welcome Folder.
- Care of the Property and the Good Housekeeping deposit – in making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. Prior to your arrival, and with your balance payment, you will be asked to pay the GHD; the amount depends on the size of the property you’re booking and will be notified to you when you book. We ask that you look after the Property and its contents as if it were your own home and hand it back to us in the same condition as it was at the start of your Stay. If you mistreat the Property or its contents (or fail to comply with other obligations giving rise to costs having to be incurred by us) you are required to cover the cost of any resulting damage and this may be deducted from the GHD.
- We appreciate that sometimes accidents happen and we take a pragmatic approach. It’s unlikely we would charge you for the odd broken glass, but please do inform us of breakages or damage so that we can replace or repair. The GHD is principally to cover repairs or replacements as a result of damage and breakages and/or extra cleaning costs, for example, where bed linen/towels have been damaged or permanently stained by make-up or tanning products. Similarly, if you’ve used kitchen equipment and left it unwashed, or lost the key to the Property or failed to return it, then we will deduct the cost of putting things right from the GHD.
- The Property will be inspected by us as soon as you vacate it and you will be notified of any issues (we will also take photos). The GHD will be returned within 10 working days of the end of your holiday, less the cost of damage/breakages/additional cleaning costs notified to you.
- If we find any personal belongings left behind, we will let you know. If you’d like an item returning, it will be subject to the postage charge and an administration fee.
- We hope very much that you will love your holiday at Rivermead but if you have a problem or complaint during your Stay, please let us know straightaway so that we have an opportunity to resolve it for you. If you notice that something is broken, or not working properly, let us know. We want to make sure that everything is as good as it can be for all our guests. If we don’t find out about things until after guests have left, there’s not a lot we can do to help.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- Rivermead Farm is privately owned and is our home. We want all our guests to enjoy the facilities and so please treat the Property and our grounds with the same respect that you would your own house and garden.